Singapore is extremely popular amongst students who wish to study courses in animation, design, game development, music, etc. Courses in law and combined postgraduate courses in management and engineering are extremely popular choices for students from South Asia. With numerous technological companies having offices in Singapore and some institutions offering scholarships for students with a 'work in Singapore clause', Singapore has become a popular study destination for Indians.
Students who opt for higher education courses in engineering also have a good chance of securing jobs in Singapore after their internships.
Some reasons why students choose Singapore as a study destination are as follows:
- English-taught courses are on offer at most institutes.
- Tuition fees and living expenses are less compared with other countries abroad.
- A lot of scholarship options are available.
- With many Indians and Sri Lankans living there, Singapore has a strong South-east Asian community. Student life is pretty exciting in Singapore!
- The country’s strict law enforcement policy and stable political environment offers students a lot of safety.
- Zero tolerance to racism and drugs.
- Some institutions offer courses in partnership with leading American and Australian institutions.
- Well-connected to the rest of Asia as Singapore has one of the best airports in the region.
- With good academic performance, chances of securing a job in Singapore are higher.
Singapore has become one of the most happening cities for higher education globally. The Garden City-State has ranked 12th globally as per QS Best Student Cities ranking. This island is quite a promising option for any international student and this ranking is proof of that. This education hub is quite a compact one with around 5.2 million people in its total land area of 700 sq. km.
Singapore In A Nutshell
Hit The Books
Adventure Sports to Clubbing
Won’t Dent Your Wallet!
- Good academics
- Finance to support education (tuition fee + living expenses)
- Genuine Intentions to Study in Singapore
While making the Singapore student visa application, the total expenses for the first year of qualification plus plan for following year/s of study has to be shown which includes tuition fees & living expenses for course duration. These funds can be shown only in liquid forms.
Visa processing time for visa varies from 4- 6 working weeks.
Not allowed on student VISA
Immigration on Arrival
Your passport will be checked when you arrive at a Singapore port or airport to make sure you’re allowed to come into the country. It must be valid for the whole of your stay.
- Singapore Management University
- Curtin university
- East Asia Institute of Management
- Kaplan Higher Education Academy
- London School of Business & Finance Singapore
- Management Development Institute of Singapore
- NIM (Nanyang Institute of Management, Singapore)
- PSB Academy
- University of Nevada Las Vegas (Singapore)
- INSEAD-Syngenta MBA Scholarships for Developing Country Leaders
- Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships at National University of Singapore
- Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship from NUS
- Singapore International Graduate Award
- Singapore Millenium Foundation Scholarships